Earth Hour 2009 was a big hit here at my house!

=)

We unplugged our toaster, radios, fans and anything else that we could think of.

We turned off all of our lights and lit candles. It was super fun! We even ate home made supreme pizzas.

During Earth Hour 2009, my family and I went outside to look at the stars. The night sky was noticeably brighter, giving off a purple hue instead of a dark black color. It was pretty neat.


Check out my Earth Hour article on my website



Hotels including The Palms, The Mirage and many others on the famous Las Vegas Strip participated in Earth Hour 2009. Even The Luxor Light Beam went dark for this year's Earth Hour. It was obvious by simply looking at the stars that there was less light pollution in the sky.

Then as we were enjoying the dark night sky, a giant blimp with lights flashing, slowly flew over our house taking up a good portion of Earth Hour. I'm kind of mad at the blimp but other than that, Earth Hour was super fun! We had pizza by candlelight. How neat does that sound?

I have plenty of Earth Friendly projects on the way and I hope that you will come back to check them all out. Here is a quick preview :

  • Raising chickens from eggs and documenting the process on my website.
  • Growing a vegetable garden and documenting the process on my website.
  • Composting with and without worms and documenting the process on my website.
  • And much, much more!

RainFern.com is where I post most of my writings and pictures. Check it out! =)


The rest of this year already sounds pretty exciting!

Until next time, Be Safe my Friends!


* RainFern *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to leave a comment.